Subtext is a rapidly growing real estate company specializing in the development of urban and suburban multifamily and student housing communities across the country. With over $1 billion of projects successfully completed and over $1.6 billion in development, we are seeking a passionate and hardworking individual to help execute our mission of delivering a best-in-class resident experience. This is a unique opportunity for a self-motivated and driven individual to join a dynamic company and make significant contributions to our ambitious growth plan.
The Staff Accountant will report directly to a Senior Staff Accountant and is responsible for maintaining financial procedures and confirming financial compliance through preparation of the company’s reports and statements. The Staff Accountant will be involved with many aspects of the accounting function, including ensuring compliance with internal controls, preparing financial reporting and construction draws, performing general ledger account and bank statement reconciliation, preparing journal entries and financial statements, and assisting the Senior Staff Accountant in preparation of miscellaneous projects. Applicants must be extremely motivated, passionate about doing things the right way, a good problem solver, detail oriented, persistent, and able to multitask on multiple projects at any given time. Applicants must have dynamic verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal abilities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform general ledger administration.
- Process all Accounts Payables.
- Reconcile monthly credit card transactions and prepare expense reports.
- Prepare Construction Loan draw packages.
- Maintain up to date contractor certificates of insurance and W-9’s.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Assist in providing analytical/due diligence support for property acquisitions and developments.
- Assist in preparing timely loan compliance financial reporting and other required deliverables.
- Prepare monthly investor distribution accounting.
- Track construction projects to budget as needed.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Prepare and coordinate tax work papers with third party tax preparer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university
- Minimum two or more years’ experience in Accounting
- Real estate accounting experience preferred
- Knowledge of real estate accounting and finance principles
- Proven track record of good communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Proficient in MS Office, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines and multi-task
- Be able to maintain a high degree of proficiency while under pressure and with frequent interruptions, and effectively prioritize and manage time and workload
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Profit Sharing
- Vacation and Sick Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employer Pays 100% of Employee Premiums for Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Laptop & Cell Phone Allowance
Subtext’s corporate office is in Saint Louis, Missouri. Relocation to the Greater Saint Louis area is required.
To apply for this job email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org