Land Acquisition Manager
Subtext is a rapidly growing real estate development company specializing in the development of urban and suburban multifamily and student housing communities across the country. With over $1 billion of projects successfully completed or under construction and over $700m in predevelopment, we are seeking a passionate and hardworking individual to help execute our mission of delivering a best-in-class resident experience. This is a unique opportunity for a self-motivated and driven individual to join a dynamic development company and make significant contributions to our ambitious growth plan.
The Land Acquisition Manager will work alongside the acquisition team to pursue development opportunities in multiple markets nationwide by aggressively developing relationships with local brokers, owners, and community stakeholders. Applicants must have prior real estate acquisition experience with dynamic verbal and written communication skills, analytical and quantitative skills, and strong interpersonal abilities.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Aggressively source development opportunities. Build strong relationships with key stakeholders including local landowners, brokers, and consultants.
- Collaborate with the acquisition team on all market evaluation and site pursuit
- Participate in weekly update meetings and provide acquisition team with progress updates on new and current opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a focus in Finance/Economics, Real Estate Development, Law, or related discipline is required.
- Minimum 4 years prior real estate experience preferred with focus on commercial and land transactions.
- Strong ability to recognize opportunities in emerging markets.
- Ability to work independently and react quickly in a demanding fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact with sellers, brokers, officials, consultants, and community groups.
- Strong problem-solving skills, creative thinking and solid organization and leadership skills.
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated, with the ability to work equally well on own as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time, balance priorities and deadlines.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Travel will be required 4-6 times per month.
- Competitive Compensation
- Profit Sharing
- Vacation and Sick Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employer Pays 100% of Employee Premiums for Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Cell Phone Allowance
Subtext offers a corporate office in St. Louis, Missouri. Relocation to the Greater Saint Louis area is required.
To apply for this job email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org