Interior Design Associate
Subtext is a rapidly growing owner, developer and operator of student housing and multifamily communities across the country. With over 10,000 beds delivered to date and a pipeline of over $1.6 billion in development, we are seeking a passionate and hardworking individual to help execute our mission of delivering a best-in-class resident experience. This is a unique opportunity for a self-motivated and driven individual to join a dynamic real estate team and make an immediate impact.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Design and Standards
- Oversee and guide the third-party interior design process from concept to building turn-over to align with Subtext’s high design expectations and experience matrix.
- Responsible for maintaining and communicating Subtext’s Interior Design Standards for both Student Housing and Multifamily projects.
- Understand the local market and main competition, ensuring each project’s target demographic is defined, and that design direction is contextual.
- Oversee FF&E and décor selections and coordination with procurement agents.
- Select and design unit furniture for Student Housing projects.
- Determine unit furniture layouts for Student Housing projects.
- Participate in team meetings to help resolve project issues, coordination between disciplines, schedule adherence, and technical challenges.
- Participate in project reviews regarding project costs, budgets, and adherence to schedule.
- Direct the incorporation of proposed value engineering alternates, while working to preserve the overall design intent.
- Review construction submittals per Subtext’s owner-review matrix.
- Facilitate coordination between disciplines as necessary to ensure continuity of design and adherence to brand standards.
- Review all drawing issuances from design consultants for accuracy and completeness, as well as adherence to brand standards.
- Conduct construction site visits as required throughout various stages of the project.
- Select and procure owner-provided coffee and other equipment for properties’ respective F&B programs. Coordinate required MEP requirements within drawings.
- Engage local consultants as needed to bring design vision to fruition, such as muralists, plant providers, and artists.
- Oversee building amenity FF&E installations.
- Collaborate with the marketing department to direct amenity and unit professional renderings.
- Oversee programing, design, and implementation of temporary leasing offices.
- Design and implement model units within properties to appeal to the target demographic.
- Design and coordinate procurement of interior, exterior, wayfinding, and window signage to enhance the design and functionality of the project.
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design from an accredited college or university.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in commercial interior design and project management. Experience in hospitality and/or multifamily design is required.
- Eye for elevated and curated design; prioritizes aesthetics.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and react quickly in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage a variety of consultants, and to consistently hold them accountable.
- Strong problem-solving skills, creative thinker, and solid organization skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time and to balance priorities and deadlines.
- Competitive Compensation
- Profit Sharing
- Vacation and Sick Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employer Pays 100% of Employee Premiums for Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Cell Phone Allowance
Subtext’s home base is in Saint Louis, Missouri. Relocation to the Greater Saint Louis area is required.
To apply for this job email your resume to email@example.com