Subtext is a rapidly growing real estate development company specializing in the development of urban and suburban multifamily and student housing communities across the country. With over $1 billion of projects successfully completed or under construction and over $700m in predevelopment, we are seeking a passionate and hardworking individual to help execute our mission of delivering a best-in-class resident experience. This is a unique opportunity for a self-motivated and driven individual to join a dynamic development company and make significant contributions to our ambitious growth plan.
The Development Associate will assist in the execution of development strategy by participating in all aspects of new development projects. Applicants must have strong analytical and quantitative skills, with an excellent financial acumen and proficiency in commercial real estate. Applicants must have dynamic verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal abilities.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assess potential markets and oversee high level market diligence.
- Conduct detailed market / project due diligence to determine project feasibility.
- Coordinate architects and consultants on diligence and design.
- Work closely with the Development Manager and Director of Real Estate on the entitlement process including zoning, permits, approvals, and licenses. Assist with the development and management of schedules, budgets, and programing.
- Assist in the coordination of all required documentation for lenders and equity partners regarding development.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a focus in Business, Finance/Economics, Real Estate Development, Law, or related discipline is required. A minimum of 2 years prior real estate or investment experience and/or graduate degree in Business, Finance/Economics, Real Estate Development, Law, or related discipline is required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and react quickly in a demanding fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact with various officials, consultants, and community groups.
- Strong problem-solving skills, creative thinking and solid organization and leadership skills.
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated, with the ability to work equally well on own as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time, balance priorities and deadlines.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Competitive Compensation
- Profit Sharing
- Vacation and Sick Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employer Pays 100% of Employee Premiums for Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Cell Phone Allowance
Subtext has corporate offices in Saint Louis, Missouri and Washington, D.C. Relocation to the Greater Saint Louis or Washington, D.C. areas is required.
To apply for this job email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org